b-hebrew - RE: Directions to Grammar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: mjoseph <mjoseph AT terminal.cz>
  • To: "b-Hebrew Digest" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Directions to Grammar
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 99 20:32:52 +0100

Andrew Kulikovsky asked:

>would you consider Waltke and O'Connor to be the best
>advanced/intermediate grammar available?

Well, it's the only one I know :-) So many books, so little time...

I trust it because the analysis is well-supported by examples, and
because an evangelical and a Catholic working together ensures that the
flow is from grammar to theology, and not vice versa (though I would
prefer to leave theology out of this list).

Not a very helpful answer, I know.

Mark Joseph