b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew vocabulary drill software for UNIX?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Daniel E. Buck" <dbuck AT briercrest.ca>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew vocabulary drill software for UNIX?
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:07:16

At 19:45 07/04/99 -0700, Ken Litwak wrote:
> I have a shareware program (I even paid he fee!) for vocabulary drill
>that runs on Windows. I'd like to find one that works on UNIX, where I
>spend most of my time. Does anyone now of such a program or perhaps of
>a web site that provides that kind of drill through the WWW? Thanks.

Ken
Various students who have used QuickMem Greek, a shareware vocabulary
program based on Metzger's Lexical Aids (available at www.headthirst.com)
have asked if there is a similar program for Hebrew studies. If you could
share with us the name and info on this program it would be helpful.
Also, does anyone have a suggested tool of learning Hebrew vocabulary more
systematically than just vocabulary lists contained at the end of whatever
grammar book from which you teach?

Daniel E. Buck
Assistant Professor, Biblical Studies
Briercrest Bible College
Caronport, SK CANADA
dbuck AT briercrest.ca

For more information about Briercrest family of schools, visit our website
at http://www.briercrest.ca