b-hebrew - RE: Hebrew vocabulary drill software for UNIX?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: nwalters AT sprynet.com
  • To: "Daniel E. Buck" <dbuck AT briercrest.ca>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Hebrew vocabulary drill software for UNIX?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:23:19 -0500

If you can run Java, then you can run this program - and it's Free.
http://www.arch.apana.org.au/ben_s/RosettaStone.html

The same web site also a nice study on Hebrew word utilization
http://www.arch.apana.org.au/ben_s/HtmlSupport/WebPage/frequency_analysis.ht
ml
and also a simple and free online Hebrew tutorial
http://www.arch.apana.org.au/ben_s/OnlineHebrewTutorial.html .

NOTE: This Java program is called RosettaStone and is NOT at all related to
Rosetta Stone from Fairfield Language Technologies. However, I just got the
Rosetta stone from Fairfield and I really like it. It uses a non-rule
intuitive approach.
Their web site is http://www.trstone.com (where tr stands for "The
Rosetta").
It "ain't" cheap - but Level I has something like 97 modules. Level II is
also available for Hebrew. I hope to add this product to my web site in the
near future.
The same program runs with about 12 major languages, sold separately.
For you polyglots, you can get a demo CD for something like $19.

Neal Walters
author of "At Home With Hebrew" - Hebrew Tutorial with over 2500 sound files
http://www.amerisoftinc.com/prod01.htm