b-hebrew - RE: b-hebrew digest: March 07, 1999

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Paul Zellmer <zellmer AT cag.pworld.net.ph>
  • To: list b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: b-hebrew digest: March 07, 1999
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 07:10:29 +0800

NB: I tried to send this offlist to Steve, but his return
address could not be found. Sorry for bothering the list with
this. PRZ

Steve,

I'm not quite sure why the encoding came through on the message
in this digest. I
checked other digests, and I did not see the any sign of
encoding. Nor did I use any
special highlighting that should have resulted in encoding.
Perhaps there was some in
the message that I quoted.

I went back and checked old digests. It did not appear as if the
problem was
occurring in the past. Did I overlook something that you have
seen? The only reason why I ask is because the implication of
your note was that is an on-going problem with my posts. If so,
please inform me, because it must then be transparent to all the
checks I have done before, which included looking at digests.
And if this message has the problem, then let me know that, too.

Since I am one of those who pulls in messages over long-distance,
I am very much aware
of the extra cost of connection time. A bigger problem is long,
uneditted quoting, in
my opinion. Oh, and *all* of those who get the digest form
cannot take advantage of
HTML formatting.

BTW, something like this specific of charges, where names are
named, would have probably been better handled off-list, or even
through Jonathan Robie or one of the list chairmen. I agree that
it was necessary, because many of the culprits don't have the
opportunity to know that they are at fault. But I'm pretty sure
that it won't help correct others, since they also would not
realize that they are the cause of problems, as well. :^>

Paul

Steve wrote:

> Paul Zellmer
> Lloyd Barre
> Irene Riegner
> Studium Biblicum Franciscanum
>
> Could you please turn off your HTML encoding of the emails you send to this
> list.
> Most of the people on here can not read it and some are in remote locations
> where the extra bytes causes them unneeded extra download times.

Ibanag Translation Project
Cabagan, Philippines

zellmer AT faith.edu.ph