b-hebrew - Re: b-hebrew digest: March 07, 1999

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <cctr114 AT its.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: b-hebrew digest: March 07, 1999
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:14:48 +1300 (NZDT)

Rolf wrote:-

>I will also refer to my book: "The role of Theology and Bias in Bible
>Translation With a Special look at The New World Translation of Jehovah's
>Witnesses", 1999, Elihu books. This book is about Bible translation, and it
>discusses how the Bible can be translated in order for Bible readers to get
>as close as possible to the original text only by help of their mother
>tongue.

Why did you chose a translation for the Jehovah's Witnesses rather than
something more common like the NIV or NASB for your special look?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Services, University of Canterbury \_
E-Mail b dot rea at its dot canterbury dot ac dot nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /)
Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'