b-hebrew - Re[2]: OT Trnity ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re[2]: OT Trnity ?
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 00:22:07 -0500

Dear Menachem,

Thank you for your clarifications. But I still think the example below
would at least tend to encourage rather than discourage the spread
(among unsophisticated Jews who heard this Targum read in the
synagogue) of the teaching that God's "word" (or "statement") was a
separate entity active in creation, in some sense a divine person but
distinct from YHWH. That is where John's gospel starts. I guess where
it goes beyond the bound of acceptable Judaism is in identifying that
"word" with an individual human being.

Peter Kirk