b-hebrew - Re[2]: About Galia's Theory of Wayyqtol

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter_Kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re[2]: About Galia's Theory of Wayyqtol
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 15:19:26 -0500 (EST)

Dear Galia,

Have other European languages been analysed in this way? Is French
special in this respect? You seem to say that the English simple past
is different, though I am not yet convinced if we ignore stative
verbs. But how about the Greek aorist and the Russian past perfective,
to name two examples I happen to know reasonably well?

Peter