b-hebrew - Re: Biblical Hebrew tapes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yochanan Childs <jayc AT telepath.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Biblical Hebrew tapes
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:53:58 -0600

Not that its always possible, but in my case, actually knowing Israelis
and learning Modern Israeli Hebrew gives the scholar an excellent living
perspective on all other forms of the language.

A good second-best or additional aid would be CD-ROMs of Jewish cantors
indexed to the BHS. If anyone knows of any, I believe we would be an
excellent test market.

B'hatzl'chah,

YC