b-hebrew - Re: The Origins of the Divided Monarchy

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <gathas AT mail.usyd.edu.au>
  • To: Lloyd Barre <barre AT c-zone.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Origins of the Divided Monarchy
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 16:29:44 +1100

Hi Lloyd!

While I agree with much of what you said on the Song of Deborah (Jdg 5),
I will throw a spanner in the works to make things interesting. Didn't
someone (was it Philip Davies?) write an article not long ago which
critiqued the Song of Deborah and came up with the conclusion that it
could be later than we think? Perhaps someone remembers the article I'm
talking about?

Regards,
GEORGE ATHAS
Dept of Semitic Studies,
University of Sydney
- Email: gathas AT mail.usyd.edu.au
Visit the Tel Dan Inscription Website at
http://www-personal.usyd.edu.au/~gathas/teldan.htm