b-hebrew - Re[4]: Historical David (Tel-Dan) (Peter)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter_Kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re[4]: Historical David (Tel-Dan) (Peter)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Nothing personal against Prof. Garbini. I don't his work otherwise,
and unfortunately I don't read Italian at all well. I also have to
admit that I am not an expert in this field, but that does not stop me
spotting strained logic in his arguments. I would be interested to
know if any of his further publications defend his thesis, that the
Tel-Dan inscriptions are forgeries, from the types of criticism I made
below, which I am sure are hardly original - or has Garbini changed
his opinion, since he wrote not long after the discovery? Perhaps
George Athas can comment on this.

Peter Kirk