b-hebrew - RE: Kenyon etc (Peter Kirk)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve .Thompson AT avondale.edu.au" <steve.thompson AT avondale.edu.au>
  • To: 'B-Hebrew' <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Kenyon etc (Peter Kirk)
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:18:19 +1100

Regarding Jericho, Bryant G Woods re-examined Kenyon's pottery from City IV
and in a series of papers/articles between 1985 and 1990 concluded that she
was wrong and Garstang right--pottery indicates occupation during Late
Bronze Age I. Apparently Israelie archeologists Y. Yadin and A Mazar
believed the occupation of Jericho extended into the Late Bronze Age,
according to some notes I collected. Sorry, but no references for these
latter two.

Steven Thompson, Dean
Theology Faculty, Avondale College
Internet: steve.thompson AT avondale.edu.au
CompuServe: 102555,1513
Voice +61 2 4980 2225
Fax +61 2 4980 2118

$subst('Email.Unsub')