b-hebrew - Re: Gen 1.1-2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Irene Riegner <iriegner AT concentric.net>
  • To: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gen 1.1-2
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:52:02 -0500

I would like to thank Ian for his reference to the Wisdom of Solomon and I would like to add to Ian's comment on my comment

There was already something
there to use: there was a deep and there was darkness. As Irene points out
we have a creation by separation. To separate something, you need to have
something to separate.
There is no creation of "the waters" mentioned in Gen 1.6, which were divided to form the heavenly dome.

irene