b-hebrew - Malachi 2:15

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "E.Katoh" <kato AT shodai.ac.jp>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Malachi 2:15
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 16:00:24 +1000

Title: Malachi 2:15
Dear colleagues,
It is widely accepted that ('echadh) in Malachi 2:15 means God.(TDOT vol.1.p197, NRSV etc). On the other hand, (as is explained in the present version of “Biblia Tysiaclecja”, the Standard Polish Version),there is another understanding which takes the word as alusion to Abraham. Unfortunattely I couldn't find out any sources which help me to trace the history of the later interpretation. Does anybody know well about the process how this view had been formulated?
Eiichi Katoh
Yokohama College of Commerce
kato AT shodai.ac.jp

  • Malachi 2:15, E.Katoh, 01/04/1999