b-hebrew - Re: Tense and Aspect --- formerly b-Hebrew digest

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: yochanan bitan <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • To: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Tense and Aspect --- formerly b-Hebrew digest
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 18:19:54 -0500

[bryan wrote:]
we can't "immerse" in a finite corpus of Semitic,
written-only texts to the degree and in the manner necessary to condition
our way to this knowledge. **besides which, we wouldn't want to if we
could!** do any of us study Semitic texts for pleasure' sake only?[end
bryan]

i disagree.
one nice aspect of the SBL last month -- in disneyworld--
"if you can dream it you can do it"
if you can teach a modern language in an artificial setting, then you can
teach BH in an artificial setting.

braxot veHalomot elayx, irene, velexulxem
randall buth