b-hebrew - Re: Beguiled in Gen 3:13

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Paul Zellmer <zellmer AT cag.pworld.net.ph>
  • To: B-hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Lewis Reich <LBR AT sprynet.com>
  • Subject: Re: Beguiled in Gen 3:13
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:58:25 +0800

Lewis Reich wrote:

> On 26 Sep 98, at 19:27, Paul Zellmer wrote:
>
> > The question had to do with the meaning of N$). Are you suggesting a
> > different meaning *of the word* due to different construction?
>
> No, I was just curious about the different construction.

Just to remind ourselves, these are the three portions in question:

Gen 3:13 HaNNfXf$ Hi$$iY)aNiY Wf)oK"L
2Ki 18:29 )aL Ya$$iY) LfKeM
Jer 4:10 Ha$") Ha$"(Tf Lf(fM

Lewis, your question concerns the use of the preposition [L] in the latter
two when
contrasted to the pronominal suffix in the former, right?