anima - [Anima Dance] Clip Club, Pfingsten Yoga and Spring/Summer Fieldwork

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Clip Club, Pfingsten Yoga and Spring/Summer Fieldwork
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 14:13:52 +0200

Hi All:

Three announcements.

1. Invitation at Clip Club

My dance film Invitation will show at Clip Club this Saturday night. Come vote for me!

Clip Club
Saturday, May 22, 20:00
George von Rauch Haus
Mariannenplatz. 1A, Berlin-Kreuzberg

2. Pfingstmontag Yoga in English- 6 euros!

Pfingsten Monday (coming up) is a somewhat difficult to explain German holiday (Pentecost, apparently, whatever that is) when everything is closed. But I will still be teaching YOGA in ENGLISH this Monday. It's a lovely class but everyone who's been coming lately is actually German. Give me some native English speakers and let me do my thing!  Your first class is 6 Euros, so come on out.

Monday, May 24: Yoga in English (mixed levels)
Yoga Raum Berlin: Falckensteinstr. 48, Berlin-Kreuzberg, (next to Watergate!), yogaraumberlin.de

3. Spring/Summer Fieldwork Registration now open!

And finally, the Spring/Summer round of Fieldwork, a by artists for artists feedback process, will begin on May 31. More info below.

Sonnige Grüße,

Rachel

Announcing the Spring/Summer Fieldwork Session:

Registration now open! It's starting in a little over a week, so contact me right away if you are interested or to hold a spot, at thefieldberlin@gmail.com.

Mondays, 15:00 -17:00
31.05.10 -  28.06 (minus 07.06.10)

at

The Center of Dance in Kulturbrauerei
Schönhauser Allee 36, Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg

with a public showing of work on 04.07.10 at

Ballhaus Ost
Pappellallee 15, Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg

We will meet each week to show our artistic work and receive rigorous and structured feedback on the work. All genres, from literature to performance to visual and digital media, are welcome.

cost: 60 Euros for the entire session, including showing.

Registration is due by May 31st, the first date, including payment on or before that date. To sign up, email thefieldberlin@gmail.com.

about the field

The Field’s mission is to serve independent performing artists on a completely non-exclusive basis. This means that everything we do is open to artists from all aesthetic viewpoints, cultural backgrounds, and levels of development. Our priority is to create a climate where risk-taking and originality are championed, and where the broadest range of voices are included. Field programs are affordable, accessible, and rigorous. To support independent performing artists, The Field’s programs are directed toward the creation of new work and its dissemination.

The Field’s contribution to the vitality of the arts ecology has been recognized through long-term and continued funding from various organizations. These include the National Endowment for the Arts, the New York State Council on the Arts, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, as well as foundations and corporations such as the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Blanchette Hooker Rockefeller Fund, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Jerome Robbins Foundation, and Starry Night Fund of the Tides Foundation.

– From The Field website, www.thefield.org

fieldwork

Fieldwork is a great opportunity for artists to share their work and get feedback in a very supportive atmosphere.  Originally started in the U.S., The Field is now in Berlin! It is a place to try things out, generate material, and put a spark in your ass to make and get your work out there.
Fieldwork workshops support the development of new work. At each meeting, participants present their works-in-progress and exchange feedback artist to artist. Guided by a facilitator, discussions are incisive and stimulating. The Fieldwork structure reveals how each piece is perceived by others and provides detailed information that helps participants hone their vision. By focusing discussions on what’s happening in the work and how those choices shape the work, the Fieldwork method supports the authorship of each artist. Many groups culminate in an informal showing open to the public.

• Gain new insight into your artwork
• Be motivated by a weekly deadline
• Hone your critical perception

  • [Anima Dance] Clip Club, Pfingsten Yoga and Spring/Summer Fieldwork, Rachel Brooker, 05/20/2010