anima - [Anima Dance] Postcards from Berlin Premiere May 15th!

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Postcards from Berlin Premiere May 15th!
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 13:27:09 +0200

Hi Everyone!

The Postcards from Berlin project, for which I was one of four choreographers, has created 14 site-specific dance films with Berlin public school classes. They premiere today in Berlin and can be viewed online starting today. They'll also be showing in the underground trains on the Berliner Fenster for a week. Check out the films online at www.mobiledance.org/postcards. I was the choreographer for the four from Peter Petersen Grundschule. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the films!

Postcards from Berlin is also currently featured on the Be Berlin website. under "Top News". The the kids and I are very excited about the process and the final films- please take a look at our work. Below is an announcement from Jo Parkes, the director of the project.

warme Gruße,

Rachel Brooker

***************************

Dear Friends,

On behalf of Jo Parkes and MobileDance, I would like to let you know that the films created in the project Postcards from Berlin will be premiered in Berlin this afternoon, shown on the underground trains starting today at 16:00 for one week (where they will be seen by over a million people each day) and available to view and download on the project website also from 16:00 today.

Postcards from Berlin is a dance film project in which pupils from four Berlin schools have worked with artists to create short “dance postcards” of their city. In small groups, they chose a location which they would like to show people (some iconic Berlin locations and some local tips). In collaboration with a professional choreographer they created a dance for this location, which they shot with a professional film crew. They also worked with a composer to give ideas for the sound.

The result is 14 urban, contrast-rich short dance films, each under a minute long.

The premiere will take place on May 15th when the pupils will see the finished films for the first time. From 16.00 on the same day the films will screen on the Berliner Fenster – the screens on the underground trains. The films will run for one week - 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon every day.

If you don’t live in Berlin or you are out of the city, the project website will go live on May 15th at 16.00 at www.mobiledance.org/postcards. There you can view and download the films as well as finding out more about the project.

Please download your favourite films to your computer, mobile phone or ipod and send them to your friends so as many people as possible can see Berlin through the eyes of its young people…

We hope you enjoy the films,

Best wishes

Stephanie Rieß

Postcards from Berlin is a MobileDance project. It was made possible with funding from the Berliner Projektfonds Kulturelle Bildung and the support of the Berliner Fenster. We are pleased to be working in partnership with Be Berlin.

  • [Anima Dance] Postcards from Berlin Premiere May 15th!, Rachel Brooker, 05/15/2009