anima - [Anima Dance] Postcards from Berlin

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Postcards from Berlin
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 18:37:25 +0100

Hi All-

I've been involved in a wonderful project with kids from Berlin public schools this year called Postcards from Berlin. We made site-specific dance films with the kids at a huge variety of locations in Berlin, and the films are done! (Yay!) They will be showing in the Berlin subways on the Berliner Fenster soon, and we'll have a premiere at a big theater in Berlin, probably the Sony Center, date TBA. I'm really delighted with the films, the kids worked hard... we all worked hard. Attached is the latest project newsletter. There's a bit more info about the project on my website, www.animadance.org/projects/postcards.htm. The films will be online soon!!! I'll keep you posted.

AND!

I've been invited to collaborate with Bernardo Coloma on a duet called Run Dry

"...the fact of being an artist, the decision of leaving everything behind, every time I need to. To start all over again and again, always having a new beginning, changing places and spaces. Am I looking for my self over there?"

We'll show Run Dry at Nah Dran XIV, 28th and 29th of March, ada studio, Schönhauserallee 73. More info at www.animadance.org.

bis dann!

Rachel Brooker

  • [Anima Dance] Postcards from Berlin, Rachel Brooker, 03/06/2009