anima - [Anima Dance] 'Winter Soldier'- Iraq Veterans Against the War

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: "Rachel Brooker" <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: "anima dance" <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] 'Winter Soldier'- Iraq Veterans Against the War
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:46:19 +0100

Hello All-

An important event is taking place in Washington D.C. this weekend, and is being broadcast live on the internet and at public forums in Berlin and many other cities in the US and Europe, including Fayetteville, Charlotte, Greensboro and Jacksonville, NC.. 'Winter Soldier' is a series of panels and individual American veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan describing atrocities witnessed and participated in.  The event is modeled on another of the same name that occurred in 1971.  Here's an article from the Times of London: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3444835.ece

'Winter Soldier' is hosted by Iraq Veterans Against the War, an organization of American veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan commited to getting the US out of Iraq completely and immediately, paying reparations to the Iraqis, and providing full healthcare and benefits to returning American servicemen.

Saturday, March 15th (today!)
18:00- whenever
Babylon Theater Mitte in Berlin (www.babylonberlin.de) will show live coverage of the event. The Berlin forum is co-organized by my friend John Kriegsman, a member of Iraq Veterans Against the War. I attended yesterday and found it eye-opening, disturbing and fascinating. It's an important event both in D.C., where it could and should be felt by our politicians, and abroad, where it's another proof that there are Americans, and even Iraq veterans, speaking out against the war.

For a list of cities where you can watch the event at a public forum, or to watch the event on your own computer, visit the website of Iraq Veterans Against the War: http://ivaw.org/