anima - [Anima Dance] choreographic project & yoga class discounts

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: "Rachel Brooker" <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: "anima dance" <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] choreographic project & yoga class discounts
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:59:14 +0200

Hallo-
I am finally having an interest meeting for the piece I'm about to begin rehearsing, this Tuesday night (17.10.06) at 8pm- if interested in coming, contact me for information. The project will be performed in December, more info is below. I am looking for dancers, designers, musicians, poets, potters, etc.

AND: next Wednesday, Oct 18, is Oracle night in my Flow Yoga class. Come draw your price our of a hat- anywhere from 10€ (usual price) to 1€. Panta Rhei Studios, Chorinerstr. 52, Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin, 8pm, in English, all levels welcome.

looove

TEA: a meditation on the Wabi-Sabi aesthetic

"Things wabi-sabi are usually small and compact, quiet and
inward-oriented. They beckon- get close, touch, relate. They inspire a
reduction of the psychic distance between one thing and another thing;
between people and things."

-- Leonard Koren

This collaborative group work is an investigation into the wabi-sabi aesthetic. Wabi-sabi, a Japanese concept dating from the sixteenth century, could be described as the beauty of decay, death, and absence. Rather than imitating traditional Japanese wabi-sabi objects, this project focuses on finding and deepening wabi-sabi events, elements and objects in the lives of the performers living in modern Europe. A key component of the project is proximity to the audience- wabi-sabi is not meant to be admired from a distance, but approached, felt, understood. What happens when the audience is invited to touch? What if the performance space is a shared refuge for performers and audience members?
For more on wabi-sabi, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-sabi (or
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wabi-Sabi in German and much more
extensive) is not a bad place to start.

  • [Anima Dance] choreographic project & yoga class discounts, Rachel Brooker, 10/11/2006