anima - [Anima Dance] anima dance FILM

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <rachel_brooker@yahoo.com>
  • To: anima@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] anima dance FILM
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:32:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys!

Anima Dance is making a video/dance, a short film
based on movement from our January concert, Whoever
Finds This, I Love You. We'll soon begin shooting at a
variety of locations around Durham and environs.
Rachel Brooker (me) and Jodi Obeid are collaborating
again with Amelia Burch (lovely musician) and are
adding Andrew Ross, a photo/videographer, to the mix.

And...

We need you!

We're looking for one assistant and around 6 dancers
to join us, and for UNTOLD numbers of dancing or
non-dancing extras who only need to show up ONCE in
exchange for a fun time and increased fame. Our
schedule is as follows:

EXTRAS:
Show up from 11-1, Saturday, May 15th, at a TBA
downtown Durham location. You'll come in your own
costume (more info later) and require no special
skills to participate in the shoot. We'll provide some
drinks and munchies.

DANCERS:
Come to 1 rehearsal, Monday May 10 from 4-6 in
downtown Durham (could be a bit later in evening if
multiple people express a need).

Show up for shoot as above, and plan to stay longer,
from 11-2 total.

ASSISTANT would come to same as dancers, arriving a
little early and leaving a little late.

We need LOTS (50+) of folks, so don't be shy! Email
rachel_brooker@yahoo.com or andrew@andrewross.com for
info or to SIGN UP.

And, the reward for those of you who read this far:
Anima Dance will also be performing at the American
Dance Festival's Acts to Follow on Saturday, July 10th
at Baldwin Auditorium (Duke East Campus). More to
follow!

peace

Rachel b