aifia-metrics - [Aifia-metrics] Update

aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Towards standard methods and metrics for evaluating IA

  • From: Rashmi Sinha <rashmi AT rashmisinha.com>
  • To: <aifia-metrics AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Susan Campbell <SusanC AT ZAAZ.com>
  • Subject: [Aifia-metrics] Update
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:43:14 -0700

Hi all,
Quick update about the project.

Susan Campbell has agreed to co-lead the initiative with me. Thanks SUsan! I think that this will be very helpful in helping us move ahead with the project and start making real progress.

-We are going to introduce some regularity to the activity of the initiative. Starting next week, we will try to have a weekly meeting via Instant Messenger. The first one will be on Tuesday, August 5th, 9 or 10 AM Pacific Standard Time.
-9 AM will mean noon on the East Coast, 5 PM in London, and 1 PM in Brazil (if my time calculations are correct that is!)

Please do join us. If you have any preferences between 9 AM or 10 AM, then let us know. If you are interested in participating, but cannot make this time at all, then let us know and we will try to accommodate you for future meetings.

-We are also working a document about next steps and will email that to group later in the day.

Rashmi