aifia-announce - AIfIA Newsletter for 17 April 2003

aifia-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: IA Institute announcements.

  • From: Jeff Lash <jeff AT jefflash.com>
  • To: AIfIA Announce List <aifia-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: AIfIA Newsletter for 17 April 2003
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:10:54 -0500

Asilomar Institute for Information Architecture
--> http://www.aifia.org

The AIfIA-announce newsletter is published every other
week (pretty much) and features news about what's new
with AIfIA and with our partner sites.

So let's get to the news!

---- WHAT'S NEW WITH AIFIA -- http://www.aifia.org ----

1) Job Board
Planning to get the job board off the ground is
actively underway. Samantha Bailey will be coordinating
a soft-launch in May. If you know of
recruiters/employers we should add to our marketing
efforts, please send their contact information to
<samantha AT baileysorts.com>.

2) Become a member: Sign up now, volunteer, and help
AIfIA grow!
--> JOIN NOW -- http://aifia.org/signup/

---- WHAT'S NEW WITH OUR PARTNERS ----

-- IASLASH -- http://www.iaslash.org

Some good links that have been posted to iaslash in the
past few weeks:

Forrester on Yahoo! and directions in search space
--> http://iaslash.org/node.php?id=7332

Piles of documents
--> http://iaslash.org/node.php?id=7331

MetaMap
--> http://iaslash.org/node.php?id=7334

iaslash is daily news for information architects,
operated by AIfIA
--> http://www.iaslash.org/

-- BOXES AND ARROWS -- http://www.boxesandarrows.com/

Three good recent Boxes and Arrows articles:

1) Card-Based Classification Evaluation
We hear and talk a lot about card sorting in various
forms, and how it can be used as input on a hierarchy
or classification system (or a taxonomy, if you like
more technical words). We hear that we should test our
hierarchies, but we donĀ¹t talk about how.
--> http://tinyurl.com/95hh

2) Creating a Controlled Vocabulary
You have probably heard IAs discussing the benefits of
their latest taxonomy project and how you should be
implementing one. But how, you might wonder, can you
get started? In the next installment about Controlled
Vocabularies, our authors go into detail about one
methodology.
--> http://tinyurl.com/95hl

Read other recent Boxes and Arrows articles:
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/2003_04.php

All previous articles by categories
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/archives/cat_index.php

Boxes and Arrows is the definitive source for the
complex task of bringing architecture and design to the
digital landscape.
--> http://www.boxesandarrows.com/

-- IAWIKI -- http://www.IAwiki.net/

What is automated classification?
--> http://www.iawiki.net/AutomatedClassification

How can I improve my URLs?
--> http://www.iawiki.net/ImprovingURLs

How can I improve my wireframes?
--> http://www.iawiki.net/WireFrames

Looking for Recent Changes to the IAwiki?
--> http://www.IAwiki.net/RecentChanges

IAwiki is a collaborative discussion space for the
topic of Information Architecture. Anyone can
contribute, and there are no pre-registration hoops to
jump thru.
--> http://www.IAwiki.net/

-- ARGUS CENTER FOR INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE --
http://argus-acia.com/

An oldie-but-goodie from the ACIA:

An Interview with Seth Gordon
"In this interview Seth has a lot of important stuff to
say, especially about which information architecture
metrics are good and which aren't..."

--> http://argus-acia.com/people/gordon_profile.html

----

Comments about this newsletter? Questions? Things you'd
like to see included in future issues?
--> aifia-announce-owner AT lists.ibiblio.org

Want to unsubscribe or change your existing
subscription?