acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] filtering in Semantic MediaWiki Re: catch up on acawiki

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] filtering in Semantic MediaWiki Re: catch up on acawiki
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:08:12 -0700

Following up on an old conversation: This should probably get filed as a Semantic MediaWiki bug or enhancement request.

Let me know if you need more details.

-Jodi

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org> wrote:

I have no idea how you got the OR, and this appears to default to AND

You've convinced me there's a problem with the UI.  It only narrows the results if you choose a different category (ie, an author in addition to the journal); even your example below is an "or".  I guess we need to report this upstream, see if they have any ideas about improving that.  It might help to have a concrete suggestion.  I wonder if just moving the text "Click on one or more items below to narrow your results." below the already filtered fields would be an improvement?  For example, between the Journal and Subject filters on http://acawiki.org/Special:BrowseData/Summary?Journal=The_Economic_Journal.

Thoughts?