acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki metadata

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: pitman AT stat.Berkeley.EDU (Jim Pitman)
  • To: pitman AT stat.berkeley.edu, jschneider AT pobox.com
  • Cc: mark AT cottagelabs.com, acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] AcaWiki metadata
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:06:50 -0700

Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com> wrote:

> Does Mike's suggestion meet your needs, Jim? -Jodi

Yes, I think so. Many thanks Mike for the indications. Sorry, slow to
reply.
The real test will be if Mark at cottagelabs can see quickly how to use this
export to
feed the acawiki DOI data into our experimental aaggregation of DOIs, and
thence to
a SOLR index and BibServer instance running over it.
Mark, please could you take a look at this? Acawiki should provide very nice
input to our efforts.

By the way, Acawiki might be able to use Content Negotiation for CrossRef
DOIs
http://www.crossref.org/CrossTech/2011/04/content_negotiation_for_crossr.html
to save its users time in importing basic metadata associated with DOIs.
Whatever publishers provide to crossref is now there for the asking.

--Jim