xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM built as an OSGi bundle

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: XOM interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM built as an OSGi bundle
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:55:37 -0700

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On dependencies -- OSGi actually offers a way to resolve "private
> dependencies" problem; that is, allowing package to depend on specific
> version of another library. With XOM this could be used to enforce
> dependency to specific Jaxen version without having to bundle it or rename
> package. So OSGi bundle jar could avoid bundling Jaxen classes, just
> declaring correct version or version range for classes it depend on.

Only in an OSGI environment, though, if I understand you correctly.
The jaxen classes are bundled precisely to avoid a dependency on
jaxen. I don't want them to require a separate download. Nor do I want
XOM to depend on OSGI. If there's something simple I can do to make it
easier to use XOM in OSGI, fine; but I'm not going to use it myself.

elharo AT ibiblio.org