xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM built as an OSGi bundle

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: David Fogel <carrotsalad AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM built as an OSGi bundle
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:46:49 -0700

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:27 PM, David Fogel <carrotsalad AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello-
>
> The way XOM is currently packaged is inconvenient to use in an OSGi
> context.  Are there any plans to create official "osgi bundle-ized"
> builds of XOM?  Usually this means just adding a few OSGi Manifest
> entries in the library jar.

Could you elaborate on what these are? Or just send a patch for the
BUILD file? I don't really know much about OSGI.

> XOM seems a little oddly built, with some
> of it's dependencies (Jaxen) rolled into the xom jar, while others
> (xerces, xalan) are provided in separate jar files.  But if this is
> just because it's use of Jaxen is purely internal and not exposed to
> the end user, then that seems fine.

Please try out the 1.2.2 beta at http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html and
let me know if that improves matters for you. It adjusts how Jaxen is
bundled.

(Has anyone else tried 1.2.2 yet? So far there's been nothing but
silence about it. :-( )

elharo AT ibiblio.org