xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Exposing XMLHandler

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Alan Gutierrez <alan AT blogometer.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Exposing XMLHandler
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:02:43 -0400

Alan Gutierrez wrote:
I have a program that builds an XML document by sending messages to a content handler and lexical handler. I would like to build XML documents in this way. XMLHandler would do this for me, but it has package scope.

Why not make XMLHandler a public class?

Because that would enable the creation of malformed documents.

Chances are that is another way to do whatever it is you want done. Possibly you need to look at the SAXConverter class instead.

http://xom.nu/apidocs/nu/xom/converters/SAXConverter.html

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!