xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Serializer performance patches

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Serializer performance patches
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:52:33 -0400

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:

I'm not sure I can follow. As far as I can see, the patch is only taking the fast path when no chars need to be counted for line breaks and indents and so forth. When there's something to count it takes the slow path. But that is a very uncommon case. Can you please clarify?

I'll look into it more carefully. In the meantime you can try running the unit tests with your patch. They should point you at what's breaking.

It may be that you're patching against an older version of Serializer. I had to fix one bit you're code where you were referencing a different variant of the Normalizer class, so if you're not seeing test breakage that may explain why.