xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Exception message "-1"

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Exception message "-1"
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:45:56 -0700

You can also use the JDK 1.4 HPROF profiler, it's just that it has somewhat more overhead (perturbing measurements lead to misleading interpretation). BTW, I wouldn't recommend profiling on MacOSX with any profiling technology, Apple VMs (including 1.5) are rather crappy and the profiler results are mostly misleading.

Wolfgang.