xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Exception message "-1"

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Exception message "-1"
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:06:35 -0400

Elliotte Harold scripsit:
> Luca Passani wrote:
> >
> >While doing my OM manipulations, I receive a ParsingException with a
> >cryptic message: "-1"
> >
> >Anyone know what it means and what I should be looking for?
> >

> Do you have a full stack trace? This might be a bug in XOM but more
> likely XOM is just passing on a cryptic exception message from the
> underlying parser. However, if so I still might be able to improve on
> that message. What's the underlying parser, TagSoup?

If so, then it's either a SAXException from trying to mess with an unknown
feature or property (unlikely), or it's an IOException bubbling up from
Java input routines. TagSoup never throws a SAXException while parsing.

--
Híggledy-pìggledy / XML programmers John Cowan
Try to escape those / I-eighteen-N woes; http://www.ccil.org/~cowan