xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Exception message "-1"

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: Steve Loughran <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Exception message "-1"
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:01:54 -0700

Writing against 1.4 and deploying against 1.5 seems a practical balance to me.
For reusable base libs, I'll defer writing against 1.5 for another year or two.

BTW, attachments seem to get lost, or is it just my Mail.app?
Wolfgang.

Does anyone have any 1.5 adoption metrics? jconsole is kind of cool
too, for monitoring running apps.

I'm using Java1.5 for some Xom stuff; attached is an LPGL class to
iterate over nodes. I have subclasses for the attributes, elements,
etc. Note the abuse needed to make an iterator Iterable, lets you go

for (Element e=elements()) {
}

Overall, I'm not sure if is worth the effort of being incompatible
with previous versions.

-steve