xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] does XOM offer any performance advantages for me?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: jason mazzotta <jazzdman AT comcast.net>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] does XOM offer any performance advantages for me?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 05:32:29 -0500

jason mazzotta wrote:
I'm trying to use an XML document as a database for e-mail messages.

I think the key word here is "database". XML documents aren't databases. They aren't designed to be. I don't think any API would help you out here. Even if you were using a native XML database, it would still make sense to store the individual messages as separate documents rather than one large document.