xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] does XOM offer any performance advantages for me?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: jason mazzotta <jazzdman AT comcast.net>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] does XOM offer any performance advantages for me?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:03:25 -0500

jason mazzotta wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not quite sure I understand. If you were going to examine things an element at a time, I'm not sure how you'd compare the shape of the document in its current form to the one in memory.

You need to be clearer about what it is you're trying to do. You haven't given anyone enough information yet to decide if what you're attempting is possible or not with XOM.