xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Test failure in nu.xom.tests.ElementTest

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Test failure in nu.xom.tests.ElementTest
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:35:20 -0500

I've fixed it. It was a silly platform dependence I had introduced into the test case by using getCanonicalPath instead of toURL. The bug was in the test case itself, not in the XOM core, so I'll patch it in CVS but I'm not going to make another release just to fix it. If you want to fix it in your own tree, you can grab the changed file from:

https://xom.dev.java.net/source/browse/xom/src/nu/xom/tests/ElementTest.java

It's a one line fix.

There also seems to be one failure in the XIncludeTest on Windows. I'll go hunting this next.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/effectivexml http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0321150406/ref%3Dnosim/cafeaulaitA