xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Test failure in nu.xom.tests.ElementTest

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Francois Beausoleil" <fbos AT users.sourceforge.net>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Test failure in nu.xom.tests.ElementTest
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:17:42 -0500

Almost certainly a Windows issue. I'll have to boot up Window on my laptop and take a look. I strongly supsect there's something in the JDK that isn't following RFC 2396 correctly, but I can probably work around it.

You should note that some tests will fail without Xerces 2.6.1 in your classpath because the parser bundled with the JDK is buggy, and the test are quite rigorous. However, I wouldn't expect this olne to fail, so I'll have to take a look.

Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)