xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and EJBs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: carsten.karkola AT mailbox.tu-dresden.de
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and EJBs
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:35:37 +0200

On 29 Sep 2003 at 7:59, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> At 9:15 AM +0200 9/29/03, carsten.karkola AT mailbox.tu-dresden.de wrote:
>

> >For one bean there is no problem to add/get specific xml attributes
> >or to get the whole XML-Representation. But how to deal with
> > Schema.setModel(Model model) {
> > this.insertChild(model, 0); // there should be the ModelBean !?
> > }
> >The Model/ModelBean should be a child element of SchemaBean,
> >but how can I work with ModelBean in this place instead of Model
> >which doesn't extend Element. Client code will use this remote call,
> >so I have to use Model in the signature.
>

> I don't really know much about EJB, but I suspect you could do a cast
> when calling like this:
>
> Schema.setModel(Model model) {
> this.insertChild((ModelBean) model, 0); // there should be the
> ModelBean !?
> }

I've tried this also, but I figured out, that the real implementation of the
bean is
completely hidden, you will only get the interfaces but never the bean
implementation.
The Model and ModelBean classes are from the viewpoint of the compiler
independent, so I will make my model with entity beans and can use XOM only
render the data of the beans to XML. For me it seems that inheritance (I'd
liked to
save much work for me :) ) doesn't fit very well with EJBs.

Thank you for your answer,
Carsten