xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and EJBs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: carsten.karkola AT mailbox.tu-dresden.de, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and EJBs
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:59:48 -0400

At 9:15 AM +0200 9/29/03, carsten.karkola AT mailbox.tu-dresden.de wrote:

For one bean there is no problem to add/get specific xml attributes
or to get the whole XML-Representation. But how to deal with
Schema.setModel(Model model) {
this.insertChild(model, 0); // there should be the ModelBean !?
}
The Model/ModelBean should be a child element of SchemaBean,
but how can I work with ModelBean in this place instead of Model
which doesn't extend Element. Client code will use this remote call,
so I have to use Model in the signature.

I don't really know much about EJB, but I suspect you could do a cast when calling like this:

Schema.setModel(Model model) {
this.insertChild((ModelBean) model, 0); // there should be the ModelBean !?
}

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA