xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM and EJBs

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: carsten.karkola AT mailbox.tu-dresden.de
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM and EJBs
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:15:16 +0200

Hello,
it is maybe more an EJB question:

I'd like to subclass the Element class, to have some special methods
for specific elements to be inserted or retrieved or to check the users
rights, to do this.

There are two stateful beans:

interface Schema extends EJBObject
interface SchemaHome extends EJBHome
class SchemaBean extends Element implements SessionBean

interface Model extends EJBObject
interface ModelHome extends EJBHome
class ModelBean extends Element implements SessionBean

For one bean there is no problem to add/get specific xml attributes
or to get the whole XML-Representation. But how to deal with
Schema.setModel(Model model) {
this.insertChild(model, 0); // there should be the ModelBean !?
}
The Model/ModelBean should be a child element of SchemaBean,
but how can I work with ModelBean in this place instead of Model
which doesn't extend Element. Client code will use this remote call,
so I have to use Model in the signature.

Thank you,
Carsten