typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Live From Hurrah's DVD? Au Pairs anthology?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Live From Hurrah's DVD? Au Pairs anthology?
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 04:46:48 EDT

haven't viewed this dvd yet but i've been waiting for it to come out since seeing it prematurely listed on netflix a couple of months ago.  the fact that they list the always great live PYLON as "The Pylons" makes me a little suspect as to the quality of this thing and it would have been better if they could have gotten the rights to footage of more interesting bands who played at the club (maybe the "more" listed are these bands?).  however, i still want to see it as i really enjoyed my time spent at hurrah's, the closest cool club to my grandmother's (uptown) apartment (where i mostly stayed when visiting the city back in the day)—fun dancing to great dj's and some killer bookings, most notably for me a new year's eve bill with au pairs, the mekons, and gang of four!  i truly feel lucky to have experienced that.  (i'd also like some info on the au pairs comp—42 tracks!—if anyone has it.)

btw, netflix lists another "live at hurrah[s]" dvd, this one from 2004 of a 1980 show by a fave of all true typicalpeople, young marble giants.  i haven't seen it yet either so can someone else comment on it?

typically,
lydia