typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] the chefs!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Shirley Braha <littleshirleybeans AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] the chefs!
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:53:47 -0800 (PST)

yeah yeah, she is gigging, not as the chefs though. someone sent me this email
that she posted on the net. its a little out of date- when she says the album
will be out in september, she probably meant jan/feb.

"Just read the email re:reunions. I'm no longer in touch with Carl but still
in
touch with Bruv- good job, since he's my brother. And of course, Russ died a
few years ago (what a fantastic drummer he was). Thought I'd let you know
there's a Helen and the Horns/Chefs/McCookerybook compilation coming out in
September. I've also finished my study, and I'm now Dr McCookerybook. The
website has been a really good way of getting in touch with people. I've got a
lot of stuff about Brighton in the study, but it's all in academic-speak and
I'm not sure anyone would be interested in it. The interesting thing was that
the examiners didn't believe it was true- and I had toned it down from its
original version! I've started doing solo gigs too, and had been thinking of
doing one in Brighton if I could find a suitable venue, possibly with a group
of bands who I play with at acoustic venues in London. However, looks like
Helen and the Horns will be doing some gigs in the autumn too, possibly with a
re-formed version of the Popticians. Keep up the good work- its a fantastic
site. All the best, Helen McCookerybook"

=====