typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] RE: TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Sara Sherr" <sara AT plainparade.org>
  • To: <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] RE: TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:44:52 -0500

Erin,

Sorry I should clarify. I meant that she dropped out of The Slits for
religious reasons.

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:40:24 EST
From: GoodyErin AT aol.com
Subject: [TypicalGirls] Re: TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5
To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

<< I would love to see a Slits reunion, but isn't one of them seriously
into religion now? Also, everything that is/was great about Ari could
keep this from happening. I booked a show with her solo a few years ago
and it was a total fucking nightmare. She's still my hero--from a
distance. >>

I don't know specifically what's going on with Palmolive but I don't
think
being way into religion precludes someone from music (unless you're John

Ashcroft). Lora Logic is a devout Hare Krishna and was extremely
enthusiastic about
her re-issue project on KRS and didn't exactly scoff at the idea of
touring
(though she would wait until her kids are much older).

--Erin

"Good art can keep you warm" -Andy Goldsworthy

my website: http://www.erinmedia.org

  • [TypicalGirls] RE: TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1, Sara Sherr, 11/29/2004