sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt5 mess

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt5 mess
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 01:12:29 +0200

Am Sat, 25 Apr 2015 18:54:07 +0200
schrieb Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>:

> I think that having multiple qt5 versions would be a major headache.
> I agree that the qmake build system is seriously broke, which cause all
> the self conflicts.

Did you have a look at my qttools changes? Is that the correct way to
force it to install those binaries that it references in
installed .cmake (cmake, qmake, whatevermake) files?

We wouldn't have the self-conflicts with separate prefixes. Somehow our
use case is not envisioned. But as I said repeatedly, the real solution
to that stuff is having an overlay filesystem for multiple casts; in
that world, the conflicting files can be removed, just not in the
real /.

> Be aware that qt-4.8.7 should be released in a few days. That will be
> the last qt4 version. I would like to take that opporunity to make it
> install to /opt/qt4, which is how I have been using it locally for a
> long time.

Oh, a prefix change? Just make sure you got your migration path
covered;-) I guess we know now that these humongous framework thingies
are best kept separate from normal /usr stuff.

The current kde4 should also be integrated. You said you didn't intend
to push the latest one. Is that still the case? I mean, it's really
just bumping some version numbers from what you have in your separate
grimoire. Otherwise, I'd push what I clobbered together back when I
needed to build current okular.

Alrighty then,

Thomas