sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt5 mess

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Qt5 mess
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:05:24 +0200

Am Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:57:56 -0400
schrieb Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>:

> I've done this a bunch of times. When installing to different prefixes, it
> should work.

Thanks for confirming. Heck, I see that described in BLFS now:
QT5DIR=/opt/qt5-$VERSION and QT5LINK=/opt/qt5 . Well, but the automatic
migration would not be funny:-/ Except we start with a fresh name for
the link.

> I'm not sure what their long-term plans are, but all the standard stuff is
> included in the single tarball.
>
> IME, mixing versions doesn't work well unless you are doing developer
> builds. Some modules refuse to run.

Plus, I'm battling with qttools to actually install all the stuff that
some apps want from it. It just installs some subset by default.

I really would like a note on why we started with modular spells. I
fail to even find build instructions for those separate tarballs! I
only see building from one tree, with the submodules checked out into
it.

The individual tarballs just seem broken.

Alrighty then,

Thomas