sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 12:01:33 +0100

Am Thu, 8 Jan 2015 11:12:57 +0300
schrieb Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>:

> not simple static pages, Thomas :) But those, generated from markup
> languages (md, rst, textile, asciidoc).

Sure. Funny thing, though, that it took two decades to realize that
HTML is not to be written by people, although it's called "markup",
too. We need other markup languages to generate that markup. Well, to
be fair, people used Frontpage and Composer (remember, remember?) early
on, but those programs were even _worse_ than people at writing HTML.

Still, generated or not, I'm feeling nostalgic about the time when the
web was 640x480 (and 800x600 for some smug folks that optimized for
super-wide home PC displays).

There's no real technical discussion here, moving on;-)

Alrighty then,

Thomas