sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Happy New Year!
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 13:12:35 -0500

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote:
Chiliproject may stay, but it's no website for facing users, it's a
developer site. Users may become developers, but until then, they need
to be lured in. That's not what your current site does. I'm not sure
what the layout possibilities would be to adapt the nicer layout for the
currrent site.

+1 I honestly don't think I would have gave Source Mage a try if the first thing I saw was the chilliproject website. A proper website is definitely a step in the right direction imo. Great job stealth!

> About information:

Wow. Yes, this really is more appealing and you are able to find some
docs. Though: Where is the wiki part? What I'm seeing are the static
pages only. Or rather, I think I see docs pulled from the wiki, but
no signs of the pages actually being in a wiki. Forgive my ignorance,
I'm in the role of the hapless user now;-)

I don't think a wiki is necessarily needed right now. I remember David complaining about all the bot spam being posted and it's not like anyone has made any real changes to the wiki in years. Lets just get things up for now.
Navigation links on the left would be nice for the docs pages though.

One little nitpick, though: The search field
seems to feature white text on white background on my Firefox.

same issue here.