sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:14:29 +0200

On Sunday 28 August 2011 22:33:29 Bor Kraljič wrote:
> > > I will continue according to plan:
> > > 1) add CONFLICTS to main spells of kde4 to conflict them with kde3
> > > (in
> > >
> > > devel- kde47 branch)
> >
> > would it be possible to use the CONFLICTS in kdelibs4 to dispel anything
> > that depends on kdelibs3, rather than change all the individual kde4
> > splells ?
> >
> > This might be less work.
>
> Well. I can use grep to get the list of spells:
> $ git grep -E "^depends.*(kdelibs|kdebase)[^4]" -- *DEPENDS |cut -d"/" -f2
> This command gives me more or less all the spell that depend on kdelibs3.
> Except for those that use KDE_DEPENDS in their DEPENDS file. Thus with
> combination with this command:
> $ git grep "KDE_DEPENDS" -- kde[^4]*DEPENDS | cut -d/ -f2
> Should get all the spells that non-optionally depend on kdelibs3. Would that
> be enough ?
>
> However there are spells that depend on it optionally. Those we don't really
> need to conflict... User only needs "cleanse --prune" and disables it.

I came up with this small script, to be run as UP_TRIGGERS in kdelibs4,after
renaming it to kdelibs, and assuming that all kde4 spells have the 4 removed
from their names, where applicable.

# handle renaming of kde4 spells
echo on_pre_cast $SPELL dispel ${SPELL//4}
LL=`grep :kde.*4.*: /var/state/sorcery/depends|cut -d: -f1|sort|uniq`
for S4 in $LL;do
SS=${S4//4}
if [ $S4 != $SS ];then
echo on_cast $SPELL dispel $S4
fi
echo on_cast $SPELL cast -c $SS
done

In my case, this produces the following output

kdelibs4 checking for reverse triggers...
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c ark
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c calligra
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c cantor
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel digikam4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c digikam
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c gwenview
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel k3b4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c k3b
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kaffeine4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kaffeine
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kalgebra
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kalzium
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kamera
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kate
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kcalc
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kcharselect
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kcolorchooser
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kde4-wallpapers
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kde-wallpapers
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdeadmin4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdeadmin
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdebase4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdebase
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdebase4-runtime
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdebase-runtime
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdebase-workspace4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdebase-workspace
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdegames4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdegames
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdemultimedia4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdemultimedia
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdenetwork4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdenetwork
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdenlive4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdenlive
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdepim4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdepim
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdepim4-runtime
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdepim-runtime
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdepimlibs4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdepimlibs
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kdeplasmoids4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kdeplasmoids
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kgamma
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kgpg
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kipi-plugins4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kipi-plugins
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kmplot
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kmymoney4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kmymoney
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kolourpaint
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c konsole
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel konversation4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c konversation
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c ksaneplugin
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c ksnapshot
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c ktimer
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kwallet
on_cast kdelibs4 dispel kwave4
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c kwave
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libkdcraw
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libkdeedu
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libkexiv2
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libkface
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libkgeomap
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libkipi
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libksane
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c libtagaro
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c marble
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c okular
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c partitionmanager
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c skanlite
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c step
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c svgpart
on_cast kdelibs4 cast -c sweeper