sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Separate "developer" list for admins?
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:57:36 -0700

Quoting Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>:

Geeze you guys did a half dozen emails just while I was trying to reply
once.

On Apr 06, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
Quoting flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>:
I would prefer to have anyone with control of our resources as part of
our project, whether they be a Lead Developer, a Systems
Administrator, or our Public Relations officer.

Depending on your definitions this is not generally possible; while we have
on purpose built our primary infrastructure on hardware the project
controls, we don't have funds to do most day-to-day hosting there, so it
only serves as the mirror master and only becomes primary when other things
fail. Those other things are maintained external to the project and have
plenty of in control people that may or may not be SMGL people. ibilio for
one, DBG for another.

I don't consider those properly part of our project, more replications of our project.

We'll need an Issue Vote to change
http://www.sourcemage.org/SourceMage/Developer_Organization.

Like David I'd really encourage more discussion before trying to vote on
something, two people talking is quickly an echo chamber. I oppose further
splitting the classes of people up, just make a component inline with what
we already have and KISS.

We could instead remove the commit quota and change it to something more appropriate for all members.

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285