sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] NEW X86_64 TEST ISO (TESTING NEEDED!!)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mark Bainter <mbainter-smgl AT trampledstones.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] NEW X86_64 TEST ISO (TESTING NEEDED!!)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:45:47 -0500

quinq AT sourcemage.org [quinq AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> last month, a new x86_64 iso has been released but there hasn’t been
> any feedback (or I missed it). There’s a real need for testing it, as
> it’s on its way to stable release, but we won’t take it there without
> more testing. Please take a few minutes to buy a 64b computer, test
> the iso, and reply to this mail that it’s perfect. ;) We need you!

Following my install from the ISO I tried to upgrade to 2.10.1 which
failed on the test-installation.pl script (I haven't yet figured out
why). I needed to get the box back stable, because the old glibc had
already been dispelled it seems. So I tried to copy the cache file off
of the ISO to do a downgrade and the cache file is corrupt/incomplete.