sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: Source Mage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Need advice from a TeXpert
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:06:04 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Eric Sandall wrote:

What I'd do is the following:
1. Check if your entry is already in the file
2. If so, touch the file (since this package should modify that file).
If not, append the entry to the file.
3. Run any update commands (e.g. updmap-sys) in FINAL

Well, that sounded like a good plan. But I've hit a snag. If I do the above /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg, which was installed as part of tetex-texmf, gets recorded in my font spell's install log. If I dispel my font spell, it removes /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg completely. Should I perhaps handle the updates to web2c/updmap.cfg in my spell's FINAL so that it doesn't appear to touch web2c/updmap.cfg?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX